2011 USA Triathlon Lifetime Achievement Award
This award is to recognize those who have made significant contributions to USA Triathlon and the multisport lifestyle. These contributions, whether they have been in performance, leadership, volunteerism or mentorship, must demonstrate impact on the multisport lifestyle and support an extended commitment to the sport.
Eligible applicants must have been engaged in the sport for a minimum of 10 years
Nominations will be submitted through an application to the USA Triathlon National Office by December 15, 2011. The recipient should have the following characteristics/affiliations and be able to defend the submission with examples that support the criteria:
- Must have been a certified coach, official, race director, athlete, and/or volunteer with a proven history of commitment to USAT
- Must have displayed exceptional involvement and leadership in multisport
- Must demonstrate significant contributions that have helped perpetuate the growth and/or influenced the development of multisport.
The USA Triathlon Age Group Awards Sub-Committee will select an award winner from those applications received. One winner, male or female, will be selected each year for the USAT Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Date application is available online – November 3, 2011
- Last date application accepted – December 15, 2011
- Age Group Awards Sub-Committee reviews applications – January 15, 2012
- Nominee notified – February 7, 2012 via Multisport Zone
The Lifetime Achievement will be announced by USAT the week of February 6, 2012. The winner(s) will appear in Multisport Zone in its first unveiling with subsequent coverage in USA Triathlon Magazine.
Please copy and paste the application information below in an email to email@example.com.
City, State, Zip:
Name of Nominee:
Address of Nominee:
City, State, Zip:
Please explain how this nominee is deserving of the Lifetime Achievement award. Include information specific to each of the three criteria presented above.
Supporting Material Link/Attachment 1 (if applicable):
Supporting Material Link/Attachment 2 (if applicable):