2011 USA Triathlon Military Sport Award
This award is to recognize the multisport successes achieved by the men and women of the US Armed Forces.
Eligible applicants must be current annual members in good standing with USAT.
Active member of the U.S. Armed Forces while participating in USAT Activities in 2011.
Nominations will be submitted through an application to the USA Triathlon National Office by December 15, 2011. The recipient should have the following characteristics/affiliations and be able to defend the submission with examples that support the criteria:
- Describe how this individual has exceptional service to their country and the multisport community.
- Explain how the nominee exemplifies passion for the multisport lifestyle.
- Please list the nominee’s athletic accomplishments for the 2011 season.
The USA Triathlon Age Group Awards Sub-Committee will select one male and one female annual award winner and up to five honorable mentions per gender from the applications received.
- Date application is available online – November 3, 2011
- Last date application accepted – December 15, 2011
- Age Group Awards Sub-Committee reviews applications – January 15, 2012
- Nominee notified – February 7, 2012 via Multisport Zone
The Military Sport Award will be announced by USAT the week of February 6, 2012. The winner(s) will appear in Multisport Zone in its first unveiling with subsequent coverage in USA Triathlon Magazine.
Please copy and paste the application information below in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
City, State, Zip:
Name of Nominee:
Address of Nominee:
City, State, Zip:
Please explain how this Nominee is deserving of the Military Sport Award. Include information specific to each of the three criteria presented above.
Supporting Material Link/Attachment 1 (if applicable):
Supporting Material Link/Attachment 2 (if applicable):