2012 USA Triathlon Jeff Jewell Spirit Award
This award is to honor Jeff Jewell, a massage therapist for Team USA from 2001-2009. He lost his battle with brain cancer on November 15, 2010. He was one of life’s biggest cheerleaders and was an inspiration to everyone he met.
Eligible applicants must be current annual members in good standing with USAT.
Nominations will be submitted through an application to the USA Triathlon National Office by December 31, 2012. The recipient of this award should be someone who truly embodies the spirit of Jeff Jewell. Jeff was someone who was uplifting to everyone he knew and treated each person with the utmost respect and care. The recipient should have the following characteristics and be able to defend the submission with examples that support the criteria:
1. Trains and races on a consistent basis in the sports of triathlon, duathlon, aquabike, Paratriathlon or other areas of multisport
2. Gives back to the sport outside of competitions and is considered a role model to other athletes
3. Preference will be extended to those individuals who coach and/or volunteer to help develop youth multisport programming in local communities – (i.e., Clubs, YMCA’s, Recreation Facilities, and Park Leagues).
The USA Triathlon Age Group Awards Sub-Committee will select one annual award winner and up to five honorable mentions from the applications received.
· Date application is available online – November 9, 2012
· Last date application accepted – December 31, 2012
· Age Group Awards Sub-Committee reviews applications – January 15, 2013
· Nominee notified – February, 2013 via Multisport Zone
The Jeff Jewell Spirit Award will be presented at the Athlete of the Year Celebration in conjunction with USA Triathlon’s Age Group National Championship.
Please copy and paste the application information below in an email to email@example.com.
City, State, Zip:
Name of Nominee:
Address of Nominee:
City, State, Zip:
Please explain how this nominee upholds the characteristics of Jeff Jewell. Include information specific to each of the three criteria presented above.
Supporting Material Link/Attachment 1 (if applicable):
Supporting Material Link/Attachment 2 (if applicable):