2012 USA Triathlon Spirit of Multisport Award
This award seeks to recognize individuals who illustrate the principles of the positive spirit of the sport by identifying athletes who display excellent sportsmanship and leadership in multisport, with no deference to athletic ability.
Eligible applicants must be current annual members in good standing with USAT.
Nominations will be submitted through an application to the USA Triathlon National Office by December 31, 2012. The recipient should have the following characteristics/affiliations and be able to defend the submission with examples that support the criteria:
1. The nominee must encompass the principles of good sportsmanship such as: dependability, integrity, character and respect.
2. The nominee must have demonstrated exceptional involvement and leadership in the multisport community by supporting various constituencies including but not limited to club, coaches, region and/or events.
3. Untiring passion for the multisport lifestyle.
The USA Triathlon Age Group Awards Sub-Committee will select one annual award winner and up to five honorable mentions from the applications received.
· Date application is available online – November 9, 2012
· Last date application accepted – December 31, 2012
· Age Group Awards Sub-Committee reviews applications – January 15, 2013
· Nominee notified – February, 2013 via Multisport Zone
The Spirit of Multisport Award will be announced by USAT in February, 2013. The winner(s) will appear in Multisport Zone in its first unveiling with subsequent coverage in USA Triathlon Magazine.
Please copy and paste the application information below in an email to email@example.com.
City, State, Zip:
Name of Nominee:
Address of Nominee:
City, State, Zip:
Please explain how this nominee is deserving of the Spirit of Multisport Award. Include information specific to each of the three criteria presented above.
Supporting Material Link/Attachment 1 (if applicable):
Supporting Material Link/Attachment 2 (if applicable):