The mission of the USA Paratriathlon Committee is to further the sport of paratriathlon through recruitment, education and outreach.
2016 Planned Goals and Budget
1. To create platforms to train and educate key USAT constituents such as race directors, coaches, and club leaders as a means for enabling community-level support for paratriathetes/paratriathlon programs. In 2016, our committee will place special emphasis on programs with youth paratriathlon, the PT Open division, and partner paratri organizations. The 2016 committee organization remains unchanged from 2015.
2. To meet regularly and consider the best ways of communicating with those interested in paratriathlon as participants, supporters, coaches/trainers, and organizations with programs towards development of the sport.
3. To make timely reports on all committee activities to the Board of Directors and in public forums as appropriate.
4. To conduct an in-person mid-year committee meeting at the 2016 USA National Paratriathlon Championship (location TBD). Conduct a pre-race dinner or luncheon with paratriathletes in conjunction with the national championship to celebrate the sport and their individual successes in getting to the “start line”.
5. To support the growth of a the database of US paratriathletes of all ability levels, named races deemed to be "paratriathlon-friendly", and other relevant data for public consumption as appropriate.
6. To conduct a paratriathlon training camp for non-elite, development paratriathletes that targets 10 participants, select coaches, subject matter experts, and committee members.
7. To have a demonstrated presence within the 10 USAT regions that includes: Committee liaison relationships to regional councils, attendance at regional development efforts such as expos, paratriathlon championship races, clinics and educational forums.
8. To provide grant opportunities to grassroots, development paratriathlon-related programs in the second and third quarters of 2016.
9. To perform any other duties as specifically requested by the USAT Board of Directors.
2016 USA Paratriathlon Committee (planned):
Mike Lenhart, chair
Keri Serota, vice-chair
Ami Cole, secretary