Did you Know?
A swimmer and All-American runner at Wisconsin, Jorgensen was recruited to the sport of triathlon by 2004 U.S. Olympian Barb Lindquist, who spearheads the USA Triathlon Collegiate Recruitment Program. When approached by USA Triathlon about taking up the sport, Jorgensen was working full-time as a tax accountant for Ernst & Young in Milwaukee and initially declined the offer. Jorgensen eventually decided to give the sport a try, completed her first competitive triathlon in March 2010 and was an Olympic qualifier just 17 months later after placing second at the London test event in 2011.
Gwen's Rise to the Olympics
Getting to Know Gwen Jorgensen
• Qualified for the Olympic Games in August 2011 after racing her first competitive triathlon in March 2010
• Worked full-time as an accountant at Ernst & Young in Milwaukee early in her triathlon career
• Enjoys cooking and baking in her free time and once won a hot dog eating contest
• Volunteers regularly with the Boys & Girls Club
• Favorite pro sports teams are the Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers
Follow Gwen on Twitter: @gwenjorgensen
Learn more about Gwen's accomplishments on her bio page by clicking here.