This clinic is designed to prepare coaches to work with higher level long course athletes. The course focuses on specific long course style race requirements for athletes and covers long course specific nutrition, key components of training plans and specific workouts in all three disciplines as well as what it takes to become a top long course athlete from a mental and physical standpoint and much more. This 3 ½ day course requires coaches to demonstrate hands-on coaching skills, ATP presentation knowledge and a high level of comprehension of high performance long course race preparation and execution.
Application Available Date
Applications will be posted in 2015.
The clinic fee is $655 and includes snacks on days 1-4. It does not include lodging, any travel expenses, or the background check fee.
Level II Endurance Coach Applicant Requirements
In order to be eligible for the Level II Endurance certification, candidates must meet the requirements below:
- CPR or AED Certification
- USOC Ethics Code Agreement
- Online Background Check
- Current USA Triathlon Membership
- Athlete Letter of Recommendation
- Mentor Coach Letter of Recommendation
- Minimum Two Years of Level I Certification
- Brief History of 2 Years of Coaching Experience after USAT Level I Certification
- Current Athlete ATP
- One of the Following:
1. BA or BS degree in sport science or related field (preferred)
2. Certification with relevance to triathlon (ACSM, USAC Level I or II, ASCA, USATF, NSCA or NASM)
- The applicant must have annual service to USA Triathlon or educational contributions to the sport of triathlon (service during a USA Triathlon camp or clinic, contributions to the USA Triathlon coaching certification program or various related USAT programs).
- The applicant must explain the status of an athlete, state two to three objectives for that athlete, explain what was done as a coach to address those objectives, and explain the results that were accomplished with that athlete.
- Selected candidates complete a phone interview as part of the application process.
USAT Level II Endurance Clinic Procedures
Each Level II Endurance candidate must complete the Level II Endurance clinic requirements which include: attending an entire LII Endurance clinic, a swim instruction, run instruction, final ATP presentation, as well as the written exam.
There is a checklist that is used to score each candidate on the pool deck as well as on the final presentation. Every candidate must score 80% on each component to be eligible for LII Endurance certification along with passing the exam with a score of 80%.
If a candidate does not meet the above criteria, the following will occur:
- The candidate has failed the course.
- USAT will discuss the areas that the candidate needs to improve upon and the Coach Development Senior Manager will discuss those areas with the candidate.
- The Coach Development Senior Manager will recommend webinars, books, CEU’s and other areas that will help improve the candidates skills.
- The Coach Development Senior Manager will recommend that the candidate attend the elite coaching mentorship program prior to applying for a future LII Endurance clinic.
- The candidate must wait at least 12 months to apply for a future LII Endurance clinic.
- Acceptance into or passing of a future LII Endurance clinic is not guaranteed.
Questions? Please contact the Coach Development Senior Manager.
Cancellation on registration day to 8 weeks prior to the first day of the clinic: $25 Penalty
Cancellation on or after 8 weeks prior to the first day of the clinic: $50 Penalty
Cancellation on or after 6 weeks prior to the first day of the clinic: $150 Penalty
Cancellation on or after 4 weeks prior to the first day of the clinic: NO REFUNDS AND NO EXCEPTIONS