The Complete Triathlon Guide
From training to technique, fueling to recovery, if it is essential to the sport, it is covered in "Complete Triathlon Guide” available now.
"Complete Triathlon Guide" offer triathletes of all abilities 29 chapters and more than 350 pages full of guidance on training, technique, competitive strategies, health and nutrition from USA Triathlon, its elite athletes and the nation's most respected coaches.
In this guide, athletes will find invaluable bike-handling techniques straight from the pros, learn how to assess running form and improve running cadence and stride, troubleshoot the freestyle swim stroke and shave seconds off starts and transitions. Expert instruction and personal insights are included from triathlon's biggest names, including Scott, Schnitzspahn, Joe Friel, Gordon Byrn, Bob Seebohar, Sage Rountree, Ian Murray and Sara McLarty.
Triathlon Leader Manual
The Triathlon Leader Manual is a tool and resource for parents, teachers, coaches, athletes and other fitness professionals who work with multisport athletes. The goal is to help parents and professionals lead workouts and skill sessions with young and developing athletes.
The purpose of the Triathlon Leader Manual is to:
- Increase the level of knowledge and expertise of those who are working with young or new multisport athletes.
- Provide prospective coaches with the background information necessary to prepare for the Level I Coaching Certification.
- Increase the number of athletes participating in the sport of the triathlon
- Increase the number of children and adolescents exposed to the lifetime activities of swimming, biking, running and triathlon. Possible results of this exposure would be an increased likelihood for youth to adopt and healthy lifestyle, decreased likelihood of these youth to be sedentary, overweight, and at a higher risk for cardiovascular disease, and other negative health outcomes.
- Provide teachers, fitness instructors, and youth leaders with adequate information to create a curriculum of instruction for a three-in-one cardiovascular sport or training program.
Please note that the manual comes on a CD.
The Triathlon Leader Manual can be obtained by mailing a Check Payment Form with a check payable to USAT for $25 to:
Coaching Specialty Coordinator
5825 Delmonico Drive, Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80919