Upcoming Coaching Events
USA Triathlon offers a number of training and racing clinics and conferences for coaches and athletes all across the country. Check out what types of events are coming to your area.
USA Triathlon offers an extensive list of webinars to coaches, athletes and the general public. If there are webinars that you missed or could not attend, you can now purchase these webinars in the archived section. Unless indicated, each webinar along with the corresponding exam counts as 1 CEU for USAT coaches
Multisport Education Program
USA Triathlon is pleased to announce the launch of the Online Multisport Education Program, a triathlon education program that provides information and resources on various multisport related topics. USA Triathlon has worked with qualified presenters and coaches to develop this online educational program that targets new to beginner athletes, coaches, parents and teachers. The goal of the program is to provide general triathlon resources online as an avenue for individuals to gain additional athlete and coaching information. Individuals taking the program will earn a certificate of completion after meeting all of the program requirements and USAT coaches have the option to earn up to 10 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs).
Complete Triathlon Guide
From training to technique, fueling to recovery, if it is essential to the sport, it is covered in "Complete Triathlon Guide” available now.
"Complete Triathlon Guide" offer triathletes of all abilities 29 chapters and more than 350 pages full of guidance on training, technique, competitive strategies, health and nutrition from USA Triathlon, its elite athletes and the nation's most respected coaches.
In this guide, athletes will find invaluable bike-handling techniques straight from the pros, learn how to assess running form and improve running cadence and stride, troubleshoot the freestyle swim stroke and shave seconds off starts and transitions. Expert instruction and personal insights are included from triathlon's biggest names, including Scott, Schnitzspahn, Joe Friel, Gordon Byrn, Bob Seebohar, Sage Rountree, Ian Murray and Sara McLarty.
Triathlon Leader Manual
The Triathlon Leader Manual is a tool and resource for parents, teachers, coaches, athletes and other fitness professionals who work with multisport athletes. The goal is to help parents and professionals lead workouts and skill sessions with young and developing athletes.
The purpose of the Triathlon Leader Manual is to:
- Increase the level of knowledge and expertise of those who are working with young or new multisport athletes.
- Provide prospective coaches with the background information necessary to prepare for the Level I Coaching Certification.
- Increase the number of athletes participating in the sport of the triathlon
- Increase the number of children and adolescents exposed to the lifetime activities of swimming, biking, running and triathlon. Possible results of this exposure would be an increased likelihood for youth to adopt and healthy lifestyle, decreased likelihood of these youth to be sedentary, overweight, and at a higher risk for cardiovascular disease, and other negative health outcomes.
- Provide teachers, fitness instructors, and youth leaders with adequate information to create a curriculum of instruction for a three-in-one cardiovascular sport or training program.
Please note that the manual comes on a CD.
The Triathlon Leader Manual can be obtained by mailing a Check Payment Form with a check payable to USAT for $25 to:
Coaching Specialty Manager
5825 Delmonico Drive, Suite 200
Colorado Springs, CO 80919
The SafeSport program is the culmination of sustained work on the part of a number of passionate individuals. In 2010, the USOC convened the Working Group for Safe Training Environments and charged it with the task of developing a set of recommendations concerning misconduct in sport. The diverse group, which included individuals from the Olympic Family as well as external experts, focused on four primary objectives:
- Addressing sexual and physical misconduct in sport
- Reviewing the guidelines across sports and other related organizations for responding to these issues
- Assessing the needs of athletes, coaches, staff, National Governing Bodies (NGBs), clubs and other sport organizations
- Developing a set of recommendations to promote athlete well-being
Based on the group’s report, the USOC founded the SafeSport program to address misconduct in sport by providing information, training, and resources.
The USOC SafeSport program is currently available for coaches to access and is required for recertification for all USAT certified coaches. Coaches receive 3 USAT CEUs for this program and are required to retake the program every two years in conjunction with renewing their USAT coaching certification.
Contact the Coaching Specialty Manager with any questions regarding the program.