Queens Wharf's prime location at the heart of Auckland's waterfront provides a perfect event hub for the World Triathlon Grand Final, where all event activity will be located. Queens Wharf is located in central CBD, within walking distance to a vast array of cafes, restuarants, bars, accommodation, public transport and sightseeing experiences.
Queens Wharf will transform into a central event hub where all races and all supporting athlete services will be located - such as registration, functions, medical, bike services, accreditation, expo etc. The Queens Wharf venue opens on Monday 15 October at 9.00am.
- The Cloud - Information center, Cafe & Bar, Official Opening Ceremony & Closing Ceremony
- Shed 10 - Age Group registration, Medical, Event offices, Mixed Zone, Technical offices, Recovery Zone
- Sport & Lifestyle Expo - Located in a marquee behind Shed 10 and operating Tuesday 16 October through to Sunday 21 October 2012. This will be a HUGE 1600m2 area with dozens of great brands showcasing & selling their products and services.
Auckland Course for Computrainer
Click here to download the Computrainer (.3dc) file of the Auckland race course, courtesy of Coach Kris Swarthout.
Course Preview Photo Gallery
Click the i above for photo descriptions.
Age Group Course Video
Please Note: Age Groupers will be ride on the right hand side of the road (unfortunately the event organizers couldn't do this in the video, as they drive on the left in New Zealand)
Age Group/ Sprint Maps
- Sprint distance: Swim: 1 lap course, 750m per lap, clockwise direction Cycle: 1 lap course, 20km per lap, anti-clockwise direction. Run: 1 lap, 5km per lap, clockwise direction
- Olympic distance: Swim: 1 lap, 1500m per lap, clockwise direction Cycle: 2 laps, 20km per lap, anti-clockwise direction. Run: 2 laps, 5km per lap, clockwise direction
The courses for the 2012 Age Group/Sprint/Paratriathlon are subject to changes.
CLICK HERE for an elevation map for the bike course (sprint 1 lap, standard 2 laps)
The 2012 Aquathlon World Championship course will feature a 1km swim off Queens Wharf, followed by a 5km run around the Viaduct Harbour/North Wharf area.