Webinar: Triathlon Specific Cycling
Topic: Triathlon Specific Cycling
This webinar presentation will cover the following items:
When we talk about Triathlon specific cycling and power profiles we are often left wondering what the difference is between what we see from the cycling world and what is relevant in the triathlon world especially as far and differences between the two are concerned. The goal of this webinar is to address the components of cycling that are different for triathlon so that one can effectively train Triathletes on the bike to the best of their ability.
This webinar will look at how to attain the data required to determine a triathlete’s power output and how to then analyze, train, and assist them to reach their full potential. This webinar presentation will cover the following things:
• Different methods of attaining power outputs, power profiles and the equipment needed
• Testing triathletes using power to assess where they are in training as well as their racing potential.
• Looking at prior data from events from sprint distance juniors to elite ITU and 70.3 athletes as well as expected threshold wattages and peak wattages to achieve specific results.
• Training using power at different points during the training buildup and how to assess these power outputs more accurately to achieve better results.
• Understanding power and its relationship to cadence, strength and fatigue rates on the bike over varying distances.
Justin Trolle is a Level III USAT Coach. Over the past 10 years he has coached International elite athletes in New Zealand as well as elite athletes in the USA including Mark Fretta and Sarah Groff. In addition to his personal coaching programs Justin was the recipient of a 2005 prime ministers scholarship to studying coaching education and systems throughout the world and currently designs and delivers elite coaching mentorship programs through Vanguard Triathlon in Colorado Springs.
Event Type: National
Entry Fee: $24.99 for USAT Members and Race Directors; $39.99 for Non-Members
Event Date: Aug. 10, 2011
Start Time: 4:00 PM MST
Find a Local Race
What is your go-to recovery tool?