The General Smallwood Olympic distance race will host the 2012 Mid-Atlantic ClubChampionship race on July 7, 2012. This is part of the
General Smallwood race weekend that includes a sprint distance race on Sunday. Only participants in the Olympic race will be scored for the club championship.
The awards for clubs in each division will be $1,000 for 1st place, $500 for 2nd place and $250 for 3rd.
Please take a moment and submit the following info. If you've already done so, thank you for your efforts and see you in July!!
Club Team Application Instructions:
Due July 2, 2012
1. Email Cory Churches email@example.com and your club’s W9 form in order to receive cash prize money from the USAT-Mid Atlantic Region.
2. Email the addresses above the number of members in your club in order to have yourclub assigned to a division based on size.
3. Email a comprehensive roster for your club’s participants in the race. Without this, we will not award participation points.
4. Email the number of miles from your club’s home base to the race venue to obtain distance points traveled to the race using Googlemaps or a similar search.
5. Provide a contact for your club, either the President, Captain, or leader in charge of the organizing of the triathletes participating on race day in this club championship race.Without this information your club will not be eligible to receive prize money.
6. Make sure your club is currently registered as a USA Triathlon club by April 30, 2012.
7. Specific questions about scoring can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org the regional liaison.
Division I 130 or more members
Division II 30-129 members
Division III 2-29 members
Overall Individual Scoring
Overall points are awarded to the top three male and female finishers, 10, 9 and 8 respectively. Top three overall finishers will not be eligible to earn additional age group points. These points only apply to the Olympic distance racers in the regular age groups, not other divisions.
Age Group Individual Scoring
Eligible individuals will be scored by age group and gender. The top five finishers will receive 6-2 points with the first place finisher earning 6 points, the second place earning 5, and so on.
Club Participation Points
Non-scoring age group participant finishers will earn 1/2 point for their respective clubsup to a maximum 15 points for Division I, 10 points for Division II, and 5 points for Division III. These additional points are total points, not per age group.
Distance Travel Points
Travel points will be awarded and calculated from the domicile of the club to the location of the race. Points will be awarded as follows:
250 miles = 10 points, 200-250 miles - 8 pts, 150-200 miles = 6 pts, 100-150 miles = 4 pts, 50-100 miles = 2 pts, <50 miles = 0 pts.