Metro Parks Waiver
All athletes competing at the Youth and Junior National Championships will need to bring a signed copy of the Metro Parks waiver with them to packet pick-up. The waiver needs to be signed by a parent or guardian if the athlete is under 18 years of age. Any athlete that does not have a waiver on file by the start of their race WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE. CLICK HERE to obtain a copy of the Metro Parks waiver.
Registration is now closed.
The Team Relay race will take place on Sunday, August 12, 2012.
Entry fee: $30.00 per person (4 person teams in 2012)
The race field will be limited to 50 teams (200 athletes)
Race Distances: 250 meter swim, 5 kilometer draft-legal bike and 1.2 kilometer run
First Registration Period:
In the First Registration Period, which takes place beginning April 1st and ending May 15th, USAT will allow an initial allocation of team spots as follows:
- The Top 3 teams from the prior year’s Mixed Team Relay Championship will be awarded one (1) team spot each;
- The Top 10 teams from the prior year’s Development Team National Championship will be awarded one (1) team spot each;
- USAT High Performance Teams in good standing will be awarded one (1) team spot each; and,
- USAT Registered Clubs in good standing that make a formal request for a team spot by March 31st will be awarded one (1) team spot each on a first-come, first-served basis until all spots are allocated or the First Registration Period ends, whichever comes first.
All allocations are cumulative, meaning, in the First Registration Period, a team/club that earned a Top 3 finish in the Relay Championship in 2011, a Top 10 finish in the Development Team Championship in 2011, and is a High Performance Team in good standing in 2012 will be awarded three (3) team spots, accommodating participation by 12 athletes (6 females/6 males).
Between April 1st and May 15th, High Performance Teams and Registered Clubs must claim their allocated spots by completing the online registration process. Spots not claimed by May 15th will revert to the pool of team spots available in the Second Registration Period.
Second Registration Period:
The Second Registration Period will begin June 15th and remain open until 14 days prior to the individual championships or until all 50 team spots are filled, whichever comes first. 11
Available team spots may be claimed by registering online on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be no wait list. There are no refunds if withdrawing a team.
- All team members must attend a mandatory meeting with the team relay race official at 3 p.m. on August 10 at the Meridian Conference Center.
- Athletes must wear a team uniform that fully covers his/her torso from race start to finish. Matching team uniforms are highly encouraged.
- Wetsuits are not allowed above 20°C (68°F).
- Athletes must move forward after the start signal (no lateral or rearward movement along the start line).
- All penalties will be assessed in the Penalty Box located on the run course and may be served by any team members currently on the field of play.
- Blocking or interfering with the forward progress of another competitor is not allowed.
- Athletes lapped on the bike course will be withdrawn from the competition.
- Aero helmets are not permitted. Helmet chin-strap must be buckled at all times while touching the bike.
- All equipment must be placed in your individual transition bin after use (e.g. swim cap, goggles, helmet).
- Bicycle must have a traditional triangular frame; wheels must have at least 12 spokes; handlebars must be traditional drop-style with bar-ends plugged; clip-on aerobars may not extend beyond the brake levers' foremost line and must be bridged; no bar-end gear shifters allowed; elbow pads are allowed.
CLICK HERE for an information packet from Head Official, Craig Hanken. Relay information is at the bottom of the document.