Sold out as of July 11, 2012
Wait list Available
USA Triathlon will host the 2012 Youth National Championship on August 12, 2012 in West Chester, Ohio.
The Youth National Championship will feature six racing age and competition divisions for athletes from 7 to 15 years of age.
The breakdown will be as follows:
7-year-olds – Awards to top 3
8-year-olds – Awards to top 3
9-year-olds – Awards to top 3
10-year-olds – Awards to top 3
11-12-year-olds – Awards to top 3
13-15-year-olds – Awards to top 3
There are no qualification standards for the Youth National Championship.
The athlete needs to be present at packet pick up. Parents cannot pick up an athletes packet.
Metro Parks Waiver
All athletes competing at the Youth and Junior National Championships will need to bring a signed copy of the Metro Parks waiver with them to packet pick-up. The waiver needs to be signed by a parent or guardian if the athlete is under 18 years of age. Any athlete that does not have a waiver on file by the start of their race WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE. CLICK HERE to obtain a copy of the Metro Parks waiver.
CLICK HERE for the USA Triathlon Youth National Championship competitive rules
Parents and athletes please note:
- No aero bars of any kind – clip on, or forward facing handlebars will be allowed.
- No disk wheels will be allowed
- No aero style helmets or helmets with a ‘tail” extending to the rear will be allowed.
- No unauthorized assistance of any kind, including pacing, during competition will be allowed.
As of July 11, 2012, the race has reached the maximum registration capacity. A wait list option is available. To join the wait list simply click the registration link below. Athletes will be required to pay the entire entry fee when joining the wait list. If an athlete does NOT get placed on the participant list from the wait list by July 27, 2012 then the $50 entry fee will be refunded to those wait list athletes.
Entry fee: $50.00
*Note: The registration site cannot be accessed on mobile devices. Please register using a desktop or laptop computer.
Registration is now closed.
The race field will be limited to 400 athletes
USA Triathlon reserves the right to modify race maximum numbers.
The Youth National Championship is a non-drafting race for athletes ages 7-15.
- Athletes must be entered into the age group that corresponds with their age as of December 31, 2012.
- All athletes competing in the Youth National Championship must be current USAT members.
- All athletes eligible for awards at USAT National Championships must: be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. national – someone who has resided in the USA for three consecutive years.
The age group breakdown will be as follows:
CLICK HERE for a participant list
Free Youth Clinic Friday August 10
USA Triathlon will be hosting a FREE pre-race youth clinic on Friday, August 10 from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at Voice of America Park in West Chester, Ohio. In this two hour clinic, athletes will be guided through the youth swim, bike and run course as well as the transition area. The clinic is limited to the first 100 registrants ages 7-15 and is free to all athletes who are registered for the Youth and Junior Nationals race. All athletes must hold a current USA Triathlon youth annual membership.
Registration is now closed. The youth clinic is sold out.
Athletes need to bring the following:
· Run Shoes
· Comfortable and appropriate attire for the swim, bike and run