Webinar: Body Balance Secrets To A Faster, Stronger, And More Powerful Triathlete
Topic: Body Balance Secrets to a Faster, Stronger, and More Powerful Triathlete
This presentation, by three-time Olympian Bob Kaehler, will get into what most coaches have never been told about how to increase speed, power, and endurance with the athletes they use strength and flexibility training. Bob will also explain why most strength and flexibility training programs for endurance athletes are not balanced for success, which can lead to reduced performance while at the same time increase injury risk.
This presentation will help you:
- Understand why indiscriminate strength training can actually be doing more harm than good.
- Learn why improving and maintaining flexibility is a key to proper strength development.
- Learn why proper body alignment during stretching is necessary for making real lasting changes in flexibility.
- Understand how to balance out your strength training programs and get ideal results.
- See how the quality of strength movements is of greater importance than the intensity and volume.
Coach Kaehler is a three-time Olympian, four-time world champion rower who practiced physical therapy (18 years) through his entire international career (1991-2000). Following his retirement from competitive rowing he became an owner of several physical therapy centers which were affiliated with the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. He sold his interest in his physical therapy clinics in 2008 so he could focus on sharing his unique skill sets with the endurance athlete community.
Sanctioning Status: USAT SANCTIONED
Event Type: National
Entry Fee: $24.99 for USAT Members or Coaches; $39.99 for Non-Members
Event Date: Sep. 13, 2012
Start Time: 12:00 PM MST
Find a Local Race
What is the best aspect of triathlon becoming an NCAA Emerging Sport for women?