Webinar: Tri Running: Evidenced Based Assessment And Intervention To Improve Your Run
Topic: Tri Running: Evidenced Based Assessment and Intervention to Improve Your Run
Presenter: Kari Brown Budde
This webinar will present the most current evidence on running mechanics, common running errors, and techniques and interventions to improve running mechanics. More specifically, this webinar will cover:
- Running mechanics: the most prevalent dysfunctional movement patterns, subsequent injuries and losses of power; the ideal running technique / mechanics and how to achieve and teach this most efficient way of running.
- Common running errors: describe the movement dysfunctions and abnormalities that can lead to injury, loss of power and decreased performance.
- The most common running injuries: become familiar with running injuries, the etiology and steps to decrease risk of injury and decrease pain while training through minimal injuries.
- Techniques to assess running mechanics: review current available technologies and methods for analyzing running technique.
- Unique Interventions and cues to improve running mechanics and prevent injury: understand how you can use gait retraining methods to increase efficiency, performance, decrease injury risk.
Kari Brown Budde
Kari Brown Budde, PT, DPT, SCS is a board certified specialist in sports physical therapy and the Endurance Medicine Program director at The Ohio State University Sports Medicine at Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center. She is a USA Track and Field certified coach and an active volunteer for USA Track and Field. Kari’s clinical care consists of video gait analyses and bike fittings on triathletes, cyclists and runners. Kari is also an endurance athlete who enjoys multisport events and endeavoring toward the 50 States Marathon Club.
Event Type: National
Entry Fee: $24.99 for USAT Members or Coaches; $39.99 for Non-Members
Event Date: Sep. 10, 2012
Start Time: 1:00 PM MST
Find a Local Race
What is your multisport focus this fall?