CEU: Swim Assessment, Development and Dryland Training for the Triathlete
Shelly O'Brien is a USAT Level III coach. She is the owner and head coach for IconOne Multisport, a USAT designated High Perfomance Team for Elite and Age-Group athlete.
This CEU covers:
- Assessing the athlete
- Discussion of swimming efficiency and technique
- Technique analysis through video
- The art of building volume while maintaining skill
- Direct application of swim specific strength and flexibility exercises
Participants will experience the strength training and should come to this discussion in workout attire. The first 4 athletes to send a good quality .avi file to firstname.lastname@example.org that meets the following criteria will be used in the presentation. No other file type is accepted.
- No fins or other swim toys in the video
- The water quality must be clear with the athlete distinctly visible.
- At least :30 of Underwater front view
- At least :30 of underwater away from the camera- no kicking
- At least :15 of each, single arm drill underwater
- At least :30 side view underwater
Orlando Level I Attendees and USAT Coaches receive 3 USAT CEUs!
Event Type: National
Entry Fee: $79 Level I Clinic Attendee or USAT Coach; $99 for USAT Member; $119 for General Public
Event Date: Apr. 5, 2013
Location: Orlando, FL
Start Time: 6:00 PM
Find a Local Race
How many World Triathlon Series races will Gwen Jorgensen win in her career?