USA Triathlon will host the 2013 Youth National Championship on Sunday, August 4, 2013 in West Chester, Ohio.
The Youth National Championship will feature individual age group competition divisions for athletes from 7 to 15 years of age.
The breakdown will be as follows:
|Youth Para Open (M/F)|
There are no qualification standards for the Youth National Championship.
Youth Paratriathlon National Championship
New for 2013, USAT Triathlon will offer a youth paratriathlon race for ages 7-15. All paratriathlon athletes will race against one another in one wave for National Championship titles. All athletes will race under the PC Open rules, not the "USAT Rule Modifications of Paratriathlon." This is a non-drafting race without qualification standards. The race distances will be 200m swim, 5k bike, and a 2k run.
CLICK HERE for a list of athletes competing at the Youth National Championship
Youth/Paratriathlon National Championship Registration
Entry fee: $55.00
The race field will be limited to 400 athletes
USA Triathlon reserves the right to modify race maximum numbers.
*Note: The registration site cannot be accessed on mobile devices. Please register using a desktop or laptop computer.
*The athlete needs to be present at packet pick up. Parents cannot pick up an athletes packet
Event Cancellation / Modification Policy
In the event of extreme weather, natural disaster, community disaster or other unforeseen emergencies, our action steps will be as follows:
1. USA Triathlon, in concert with local officials, will make the final decision based on safety of the athletes, spectators, vendors, volunteers and others affiliated with the event.
2. USAT may, based on the conditions of the course, shorten the distances or cancel the event altogether.
3. Because costs of the event have already been paid out to cover various levels of production expenses, there will be NO REFUNDS, transferred entry fees or future complimentary entry fees.
The Youth National Championship is a non-drafting race for athletes ages 7-15.
- Athletes must be entered into the age group that corresponds with their age as of December 31, 2012.
- All athletes competing in the Youth National Championship must be current USAT members.
- All athletes eligible for awards at USAT National Championships must: be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. national – someone who has resided in the USA for three consecutive years.
- Any athlete who qualifies and registers to race as a Youth Elite is not allowed to race in the Youth National Championship. Athletes may not race in both races.
USAT Officials will provide a formal presentation of the Youth Event Competitive Rules and provide an opportunity for Q&A at 1pm on Friday, August 2, at the Meridian Conference Center. Athletes competing in this event are expected to have read and understand the Youth Competitive Rules. A second opportunity for Q&A with a USAT Official will be provided at 2pm on Saturday, August 3rd, at VOA park in the transition area.
CLICK HERE for the USA Triathlon Youth National Championships competitive rules
Parents and athletes please note:
- No aero bars of any kind will be allowed, including clip on, or forward facing handlebars will be allowed.
- No disc wheels will be allowed
- No aero style helmets or helmets with a tail extending to the rear will be allowed.
- No unauthorized assistance of any kind, including pacing, during competition will be allowed.
Metro Parks Waiver
All athletes competing at the Youth and Junior National Championships will need to bring a signed copy of the Metro Parks waiver with them to packet pick-up. The waiver needs to be signed by a parent or guardian if the athlete is under 18 years of age. Any athlete who does not have a waiver on file by the start of their race WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COMPETE. CLICK HERE to obtain a copy of the Metro Parks waiver.
Southeast Claims Mixed Team Relay Title at USA Triathlon Youth & Junior NationalsAugust 3, 2014 by USA Triathlon
Youth & Junior National Championships See Record FieldAugust 2, 2014 by USA Triathlon