Webinar: Fueled By Breath
Topic: Fueled By Breath
It's common knowledge that breathing is a key component to relaxation and stress reduction. But what isn't common knowledge to most athletes and their coaches is the important role that the breath plays in achieving peak levels of health and performance. The truth is, most training programs place very little emphasis on breath work and breathing techniques while training which has resulted in most endurance sport athletes not even realizing that they breathe incorrectly.
In this webinar, Lisa Engles, author of Breathe Run Breathe and former head coach of the Silicon Valley Triathlon Club will teach coaches about the importance of proper breathing while running and cycling. You'll learn:The detrimental effects of improper breathing on your athletes' health and performance.
- The difference between nasal breathing and nasal-oral breathing.
- Why nasal breathing is hands down the best way to teach your athletes to breathe.
- How to assess your athletes for proper breathing.
- How to begin teaching nasal breathing to your athletes.
- Common issues with nasal breathing and how to resolve them.
When you begin to apply these breathing principles into your coaching programs, your athletes will be able to:
- Run and ride faster and further without strain or fatigue
- Recover faster from their workouts
- Experience a sense of ease and relaxation while working out
- Perform better
- Heal chronic pain and injury
- Tap into peak states at will
Lisa Engles is the founder of InnerState Coaching and is the former head coach of the Silicon Valley Triathlon Club and is currently the Marketing Director for Evolution Trainings in Mountain View, California. She holds a degree in Exercise Physiology and Kinesiology and is a certified Life Coach and Personal Trainer.Sanctioning Status: USAT SANCTIONED
Event Type: National
Entry Fee: $24.99 for USAT Members and Race Directors; $39.99 for Non-Members
Event Date: Oct. 17, 2013
Start Time: 3:00 PM MST
Find a Local Race
Which remaining 2014 event are you most looking forward to?