Youth and Junior Coaching Certification Clinic - New Orleans, LA
USA Triathlon’s Youth and Junior Coaching Certification Program is designed to educate current USAT certified coaches on how to train youth and junior athletes safely and effectively throughout their developmental stages. This clinic provides coaches with specialized youth and junior coaching skills and drills, age appropriate training regimes and testing protocols, physiological and nutritional considerations, and basic training techniques to develop successful youth and junior athletes.
Lecture Topics Include
- Physiology of Training for the Youth & Junior Athlete
- Youth & Junior Specific Training Regimes
- Benchmark Testing and Performance Standards
- Managing & Marketing a Youth & Junior Team
- Elite Athlete Development Pathways
- Resistance Training & Injury Prevention
- Swimming Skills & Development
- Cycling Skills & Development
- Running Skills & Development
- Nutritional Strategies for Youth & Juniors
- Dynamics of Coaching Youth & Juniors
- Overtraining & Under Recovery
This clinic will be held in New Orleans, LA from January 16-17, 2014. Registration is currently open and is available on the clinic page until it is filled.
Registration: You must be a current USAT Level I, II, or III Certified Coach to attend this clinic. Please do not apply if you are not currently certified with USAT.
Event Type: National
Entry Fee: $399
Event Date: Jan. 16 - 17, 2014
Location: New Orleans, LA
Find a Local Race
How many World Triathlon Series races will Gwen Jorgensen win in her career?