Thinking of Joining USA Triathlon?

Be a part of our 550,000 member community of multisport athletes. Membership benefits include a subscription to the quarterly USA Triathlon magazine, discounts from USA Triathlon partners, inclusion in the national rankings, excess accident insurance at events, and savings at races. To see why you should join or renew today, visit the membership benefits page. Already a member? Login below.

Forgot Password  |  Forgot Member ID  |  Help Renew Membership Become a Member

Webinar: Mental Skills Training for the Female Athlete


(0 votes)

Topic: Mental Skills Training for the Female Athlete

Women are every bit as competitive as men, and they want every competitive advantage out there.  Yet, the most overlooked tool in a woman’s arsenal is mental skills training. Scott Jurek (winner of the Western States 100 mile run a record 8 times) says that endurance training and racing is 90% mental. The other 10%?  Well that’s mental too.

This webinar will discuss mental skills every woman needs to perform her best in triathlon:

  • Mental skills training (MST) and its importance in training and racing.
  • Gender specific issues for female endurance athletes.
  • How to incorporate MST into your training (or coaching)
    • Imagery and visualization
    • Building self confidence
    • Eradicating negative self talk
    • How to connect your training to racing for peak performance
    • Race prep 

Purchase this archived webinar here.

Dara Wittenberg

Dara Wittenberg, M.S. Multi-Sport Coach has been a multi-sport coach for 12 years and during that time has trained hundreds of athletes for whom endurance training and racing must fit into very busy lives. Her clientele includes lawyers, doctors, full time mothers, office workers, school teachers, nurses, and entrepreneurs – and every one of them has a jam packed schedule. Her goal is to help each individual strike a balance between training to their maximum potential and balancing the various other aspects of their lives, as well as to provide all the information they need to perform at their best and stay healthy and injury free. Over the years, Dara’s clients have done everything from complete their first sprint triathlon to winning age group awards in Ironman triathlons and shorter distances, road races (cycling and running), and competing in the Triathlon World Championships in Kona.

Dara is an adjunct instructor in the Exercise Science Department at Florida Atlantic University, teaches for USA Triathlon at their certifying clinics for new coaches, and presents locally to triathlon, cycling and running clubs.

Dara continues to look for opportunities to learn more about her various fields of interest and expertise so that she can share this knowledge with her clients and train them to be the best they can be and have fun while doing it. She is truly passionate about coaching and living a healthy and athletic lifestyle.


M.S. in Exercise Physiology,
CISSN- Certified Sports Nutritionist,
USA Triathlon Level II certified coach,
USA Cycling Expert Level Coach,
USATF Level I,
RRCA certified Endurance Running coach,
USA Swim Coach,
Adjunct Instructor at Florida Atlantic University



Event Type: National
Entry Fee: $24.99 for USAT Members, Coaches and Race Directors; $39.99 for Non-Members
Event Date: Feb. 13, 2014
Start Time: 3:00 PM MST

Find a Local Race

Featured Poll

Vote for your favorite triathlon discipline; swimming, biking, running