Webinar: Happy Hips And Knees: Prehab And Rehab To Keep You Training Pain-Free
Topic: Happy Hips And Knees: Prehab And Rehab To Keep You Training Pain-Free
Problems at the hip and knee—from generalized pain to piriformis syndrome, iliotibial band issues, and patellar tendonitis—can derail your training and wipe out your triathlon season. But with some preemptive self-care, you can maintain a healthy balance in the hips to benefit both your body and your odds of peak performance. Coach and yoga teacher Sage Rountree will show you easy ways to avoid and minimize problems in the hip and knee so you can train all summer happily free of injury and discomfort.
In this webinar we’ll:
- Review the anatomy of the hip and knee in layman’s terms
- Investigate the imbalances that lead to problems in the hip and knee
- Assess how training habits, equipment choice, bike fit, and lifestyle contribute to hip and knee issues
- Learn strengthening, stretching, and balancing exercises to prevent injury
- Explore interventions to use when hip and knee pain flare up, so you can continue training pain-free
Sage Rountree holds a PhD in English and has been certified by USA Triathlon, USA Cycling, and the Road Runners Club of America. A frequent presenter at coaching conferences, she is an experienced athlete herself, having competed in races from the 4 x 400m relay to the ultramarathon and long-distance triathlons. She raced for Team USA at the 2008 Age-Group World Triathlon Championships. Her books include The Athlete's Guide to Yoga, The Athlete's Guide to Recovery, and this year's Racing Wisely. Sage lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina; find her online at sagerountree.com.
Event Type: National
Entry Fee: $24.99 for USAT Members, Coaches and Race Directors; $39.99 for Non-Members
Event Date: Jun. 17, 2014
Start Time: 3:00 PM MST
Find a Local Race
Vote for your favorite triathlon discipline; swimming, biking, running