USA Triathlon is pleased to announce the launch of the Online Multisport Education Program which is a triathlon education program that provides information and resources on various multisport related topics.
Who : USA Triathlon has worked with qualified presenters and coaches to develop this online educational program that targets new-to-beginner athletes, coaches, parents and teachers.
Goal : The goal of the program is to provide general triathlon resources online as an avenue for individuals to gain additional athlete and coaching information. USAT members and general public can gain valuable information through this online program in an easy and affordable manner.
How : Individuals taking the program will earn a certificate of completion after meeting all program requirements and USAT coaches have the option to earn up to 10 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs).
Topics and presenters include:
- Exercise Physiology 101 with Krista Austin,
- Program Design and Development with Justin Trolle,
- Resistance Training for Triathletes with Bob Seebohar,
- Mental Training for Triathletes with Hector Torres,
- Nutrition Periodization and Fueling Made Easy with Jennifer Hutchison,
- Swimming Smart with Derek Scheer,
- Cycling for Triathlon with Ian Murray,
- Running in Triathlon with Bobby McGee,
- First Time Triathlete with Melissa Mantak, and
- Structuring and Developing a Youth and Junior Tri Team with Jim Vance.
Cost : The cost of the program for USAT members is $150.00 which includes individual choice of five webinars out of a possible ten and the corresponding webinar exams (found at www.usatriathlonuniversity.com) and the option to purchase additional topics at a highly discounted rate. Participants must earn a passing score of 70% or more to receive credit for an exam.For complete program and presenter information, or to purchase the webinars, click here.