USA Triathlon is pleased to announce the launch of the Online Multisport Education Program which is a triathlon education program that provides information and resources on various multisport related topics.
Who: USA Triathlon has worked with qualified presenters and coaches to develop this online educational program that targets new-to-beginner athletes, coaches, parents and teachers.
Goal: The goal of the program is to provide general triathlon resources online as an avenue for individuals to gain additional athlete and coaching information. Those not interested in pursuing a coaching certification, or want to get their foot in the door can gain valuable information through this online program in an easy and affordable manner.
How: Individuals taking the program will earn a certificate of completion after meeting all program requirements and USAT coaches have the option to earn up to 10 Continuing Education Credits (CEUs).
Topics and presenters include:
- Exercise Physiology 101 with Krista Austin,
- Program Design and Development with Justin Trolle,
- Resistance Training for Triathletes with Bob Seebohar,
- Mental Training for Triathletes with Hector Torres,
- Nutrition Periodization and Fueling Made Easy with Jennifer Hutchison,
- Swimming Smart with Derek Scheer,
- Cycling for Triathlon with Ian Murray,
- Running in Triathlon with Bobby McGee,
- First Time Triathlete with Melissa Mantak,
- Structuring and Developing a Youth and Junior Tri Team with Jim Vance,
- Rules Overview* with Charlie Crawford, and
- NCAA* with Jess Luscinski.
Cost : The cost of the program for USAT members is $150.00 which includes individual choice of five webinars out of a possible ten and the corresponding webinar exams (found at www.usatriathlonuniversity.com) and the option to purchase additional topics at a highly discounted rate. Participants must earn a passing score of 70% or more to receive credit for an exam.For complete program and presenter information, or to purchase the webinars, click here.