General Race Details
When: Saturday, August 22, 2015, 9:00am (Race will start promptly at 9:00am)
Where: Memorial Park Recreation Center, 280 South Union Blvd., Colorado Springs, CO 80910
Who: Children ages 7 to 15 (determined by age on race day). Membership to the YMCA not required!
Race Fee: $5 for USAT Members, $20 to become a USAT Member and race, $15 to just race
*Please note that all participants must be a USAT Member. If you are not already a member, you may purchase a USAT Youth Annual Membership ($15.00) or a Youth One-Day Membership ($10.00) in advance by visiting www.usatriathlon.org then clicking on “Membership Services”. You may also purchase a membership the day of the race.
Additional Race Details
Swim: Athletes will be grouped in waves based on age. The swim takes place in the Memorial Park Recreation Center indoor pool. The swim will be a time trial start with one child beginning at a time in five (5) second intervals. Athletes will swim up one lane and upon reaching the end of the lane, move over to the next lane and swim back. This will be similar to a serpentine formation. Lifeguards will be monitoring the pool at all times.
Transition: Upon exiting the pool, athletes will be directed to the transition area where they will change into their running gear. There will be USAT Staff and volunteers monitoring the transition area to ensure safety and security.
Run: Athletes will run along a paved sidewalk circling Memorial Park. There will be USAT Staff and volunteers directing the athletes. Ages 7-10 will run a 1k (1 time around run course) while ages 11-15 will run a 2k (2 times around run course).
Aid Station: There will be one aid station on the run course placed at the Start/Finish.
- The event will not be timed as participation is our primary goal in exposing youth athletes to the world of multisport! Because of this, no awards based on place of finish will be distributed!
- In addition to post race refreshments, each Splash and Dash participant will receive a finisher medal upon crossing the finishing line, an Official USA Triathlon Youth Splash and Dash Aquathlon Series T-Shirt, and the experience of a lifetime!
The Splash and Dash is a participatory event so safety is of the greatest importance, as well as with all other events. The event will not be timed. The following rules and reminders shall apply:
- Designated swim caps must be worn
- Race numbers (bibs) must be worn at all times during the run portion
- No diving in the pool
- No nudity in the transition area