Where do you spend the winter months training?
photo: USA Triathlon/Carlos Cunha
USA Triathlon Offers Paratriathlon Webinar Series
Athletes, coaches and race directors looking to learn more about the paratriathlon movement can participate in a new webinar series offered by USA Triathlon. In December 2010, paratriathlon was added to the Paralympic Games program and will make its Paralympic debut at the 2016 Games in Rio. This webinar series will explore the different aspects of paratriathlon, including classification, race accessibility and equipment needs.
The series kicks off June 6 and webinars will be hosted by a number of leaders in the paratriathlon community. Each webinar is $24.99 for USA Triathlon members and $39.99 for non-members.
The topics slated to be covered are:
- Classifications 101 with Julie O'Neill (June 6)
- Classifications 2: Deeper Dive with Julie O'Neill (June 29)
- Introduction to Triathlon Training with Sergio Borges (July 14)
- Amputee Triathletes with Peter Harsch (Aug. 2)
- Starting and Running a Paratriathlon Club with Melissa Stockwell (Aug. 16)
- Youth Paratriathletes with Beth Sanden and Kim White (Sept. 1)
- Making your Races Accessible to Paratriathletes with Keri Schindler (Sept. 14)
- Adaptive Equipment for Training and Racing (TBA)
For more information on this webinar series, visit the registration page.