What is your go-to recovery tool?
Five Teams Claim Victory at USA Triathlon Club Nationals
Club titles awarded based on athlete finishes in six races
OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. — Tri OKC, Rufus Racing, the Kansas River Valley Triathlon Club, the Wichita Triathlon Team and Team 3xFast grabbed national titles in their respective divisions as the USA Triathlon Club National Championship concluded Sunday at the Redman Triathlon at Lake Hefner.
The hometown TRI OKC squad clinched the Division I championship with 849 points, ahead of last year’s Division I winner, Columbia Multisport.
The Division II title went to Rufus Racing with 141.60 points, while the Kansas River Valley Triathlon Club claimed the Division III crown with 168.2 points. The Wichita Triathlon Team won Division IV with 126.2 points, and Team 3xFast earned the Division V crown with 61.7 points.
In all, 37 teams took part in the club event, which was contested over two days of multisport competition. Clubs competed in five divisions based on their membership size, and club members earned points based on their finishes in the Saturday’s long course triathlon, full distance triathlon and aquabike races, as well as Sunday’s Olympic-distance and sprint-distance triathlon events.
USA Triathlon reached an all-time high with more than 900 official clubs in 2011. To find a club in your area visit usatriathlon.org.
2012 USA Triathlon Club National Championship, Oklahoma City, Okla.
Club National Champions by Division
Division I (250-plus members)
1. Tri OKC, 849 points
2. Columbia Multisport, 659.75 points
3. St. Louis Triathlon Club, 118.95 points
Division II (130-249 members)
1. Rufus Racing, 141.60 points
2. Triple Threat Tough, 80 points
3. Bay Area Multisport, 77.7 points
Division III (80-129 members)
1. Kansas River Valley Triathlon Club, 168.2 points
2. Team Cambridge Triathlon, 121 points
3. Waco Triathlon Club, 97.4 points
Division IV (30-79 members)
1. Wichita Triathlon Team 126.2 points
2. Northwest Arkansas Triathletes, 107.6 points
3. Jockstrap Catapult, 47.7 points
Division V (29 members or less)
1. Team 3xFast, 61.7
2. Avera Sports Institute Tri Club, 57.7 points
3. Tri Tulsa Runner, 50 points