Where do you spend the winter months training?
USA Triathlon Launches First-Ever Paratriathlon Webinar Series
Seven-part paratriathlon series kicks off Feb. 5
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Geared toward athletes, coaches, club and race directors, guides, handlers and anyone else interested in learning more about the blossoming sport of paratriathlon, USA Triathlon is pleased to announce its first-ever Paratriathlon Webinar Series, which kicks off Feb. 5 at usatriathlon.org/webinars.
A free webinar, “Paratriathlon 101” will be available for archived viewing on Feb. 5, followed by six additional live webinars running through April 10. Individual webinars are available for $14.99 each, and the entire series (live or archived) costs $85. Contact USA Triathlon Webinar Coordinator Julie Hill at email@example.com to purchase the entire series.
USA Triathlon certified race directors and coaches can earn certification credits by participating in the webinar series. Visit usatriathlon.org/webinars for information on the series and how to earn certification credits.
A complete Paratriathlon Webinar Series schedule is as follows:
• Available Feb. 5: Paratriathlon 101 (Amanda Duke), FREE Archived Event Only
• Feb. 13, 3 p.m. MT: Engaging Paratriathletes in Your Multisport Club (Mike Lenhart and Brad Smith)
• Feb. 19, 4 p.m. MT: Training the Paratriathlete (Mark Sortino and Peter Harsch)
• March 12, 4 p.m. MT: Making Your Race Accessible: How to Include Paratriathletes (Keri Schindler)
• March 21, 3 p.m. MT: How to Guide a Visually Impaired Athlete Through a Triathlon (Aaron Scheidies)
• April 9, 1 p.m. MT: Paratriathlon Classification & Coaching: How a Better Understanding of the Classification Process and Data Can Bring Greater Success to Your Athletes (Julie O'Neill)
• April 10, 11 a.m. MT: Paratriathlon Lower Limb Amputee Considerations for Coaching and Training (Peter Harsch)
Interest in paratriathlon is at an all-time high, and the sport continues to grow following a December 2010 announcement that it will debut at the Paralympic Summer Games in 2016 in Rio de Janeiro. A leader on the international paratriathlon scene, the United States recently won the medal count at the 2012 ITU Paratriathlon World Championships with 13 medals. Visit usatriathlon.org for more on the sport of paratriathlon.
About USA Triathlon
Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon – the fastest growing sport in the U.S. Olympic Movement – as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon and paratriathlon in the United States. USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 races and connects with more than 455,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work with athletes, coaches, and race directors on the grassroots level, USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including International Triathlon Union (ITU) World Championships, Pan American Games and the Summer Olympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member of the ITU and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).