When do you train on summer weekdays?
Olympic Downtown Celebration to Honor Sport in Colorado Springs
The Olympic Downtown Celebration, which salutes the Olympic Family in Colorado Springs, led by the U.S. Olympic Committee, U.S. Paralympics and more than two dozen National Governing Bodies, will take place July 26 from 5-10 p.m. along Tejon Street.
Thousands of athletes have trained in Colorado Springs since 1978 while chasing their Olympic or Paralympic dreams.
The Olympic Downtown Celebration, sponsored by the USOC, AT&T, El Pomar Foundation, the Daniels Fund, the City of Colorado Springs, KOAA5, The Gazette, Colorado Springs Utilities and The Sports Corp, will feature a little bit of everything for everybody, especially kids and families:
- Torch lighting by Olympic hopeful pairs figure skaters Caydee Denney and John Coughlin
- A real sand beach volleyball pit
- The Flying Aces ski aerialists
- The Maximum Velocity BMX Riders
- Sports information booths
- Athlete autograph sessions
- Food/beverage vendors
- Firefighter and First Responder recognition events
- 5-10 p.m. live concerts! Courtesy of downtown business owners Sam and Kathy Guadagnoli, the concerts will include singer Lauren Alaina from American Idol, Jon Pardi, and several top acts from Nashville