When do you train on summer weekdays?
USA Triathlon Offers First-Ever Virtual Race Director Symposium on Jan. 16
Live and on-demand educational sessions available
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Race directors and event organizers from around the United States are set to take part in USA Triathlon’s annual Race Director Symposium, presented by ACTIVE Network, on Thursday, Jan. 16, offered in a web-based format for the first time.
The online symposium will feature live sessions and on-demand educational web content from industry leaders, allowing race directors to learn more about hosting successful events. Topics include event marketing, accessibility for paratriathletes, technological tools and budgeting, as well as USA Triathlon’s new water temperature recommendations and a swim panel. Symposium participants will also have the chance to network with fellow attendees, the risk management team from ESIX, USA Triathlon partners and staff in event chat rooms.
- Bill Burnett, Founder and Managing Director of Streamline Events
- Dr. Larry Creswell, MD, cardiac surgeon who served on USA Triathlon’s Medical Review Panel
- Amanda Duke, USA Triathlon Paratriathlon Manager
- Kari Ebeling, Program Director at the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults
- Chuck Graziano, USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach and Chair of the National Championships Selection Committee
- Dan Ingalls, Rescue Boat Operator with The National Marine Safety Center, LLC
- Kathy Matejka, USA Triathlon Event Services Director
- Andy Reilly, ACTIVE Network
- Fred Phillips, Owner of DLT Events
- Mike Price, President and Founder of ESIX
- Shannon Stewart, ACTIVE Network
- Rob Urbach, USA Triathlon CEO
- Meg Weagley, USA Triathlon Multisport Education Manager
For more on Race Director Symposium, including how to register, visit usatriathlon.org/RDSymposium.
In addition to informational sessions and online networking opportunities, USA Triathlon Certified Race Directors who register individually will earn valuable Continuing Education Units (CEUs), which are necessary for the recertification process.
The date and location for the 2015 USA Triathlon Race Director Symposium will also be announced as part of this virtual event.
About USA Triathlon
Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon – the fastest growing sport in the U.S. Olympic Movement – as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon and paratriathlon in the United States. USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 races and connects with more than 550,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work with athletes, coaches, and race directors on the grassroots level, USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including International Triathlon Union (ITU) World Championships, Pan American Games and the Summer Olympic and Paralympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member of the ITU and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).