What is your multisport focus this fall?
Registration Open for 2014 USA Triathlon Art & Science of Triathlon International Coaching Symposium
Las Vegas-based Symposium and new coaching business retreats available this fall
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — Registration is now open for the 2014 USA Triathlon Art & Science of Triathlon International Coaching Symposium, which is slated for Sept. 12-13 in Las Vegas, Nev.
The theme for this biannual event is “Innovate, Communicate and Achieve,” and this unique educational opportunity for triathlon coaches features a dynamic lineup of U.S. and international multisport experts. This year’s event will be held at Mandalay Bay and will follow Interbike, the largest cycling trade show in North America.
For more information and to register, visit usatriathlon.org.
Scheduled presenters include:
- Joe Friel, Founder of TrainingPeaks and TrainingBible Coaching
- Ian Murray, USA Triathlon Level III Certified Coach and host and writer of Triathlon Training Series DVD
- Jesse Kropelnicki, USA Triathlon Level III Certified Coach and founder of QT2 Systems, LLC
- David Bertrand, USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach and founder and head coach of DFW Tri Club in Dallas, Texas
- Lindsay Hyman, USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach and Pro Level Coach with Carmichael Training Systems
- Duston Morris, USA Triathlon Level I Certified Coach and owner and founder of 3 Sport Fitness
- Dr. Steve Jonas, Professor Emeritus of Preventive Medicine at the School of Medicine, Stony Brook University, and author of a number of multisport and fitness books
- Carwyn Sharp, Director of Education at the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- Matt Valyo, USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach and NSCA Personal Trainer
- Sara McLarty, Professional Triathlete and USA Triathlon Level I Certified Coach
- Jono Hall and Bobby McGee, USA Triathlon Performance Advisors
- Retül Bicycle Fit Technology
- The USA Triathlon Women’s Committee
- Cycling with Power
- Dealing with Common Injuries
- Participation and Supporting Growth for Female Triathletes
- Female Leadership in Governance
- Prescriptive Bike Fitting
- Athlete Assessment
- Youth Triathletes
- Nutrition and Training Considerations for Vegetarians and Vegans
- Practical Solutions to Incorporate Strength Training for Triathlon
- Coaching Elite ITU Athletes -- Individual and Team Dynamics
- Coaching Beginners
USA Triathlon Certified Coaches will earn 15 CEUs for attending the entire conference.
The cost of the Symposium is $595 for USA Triathlon Certified Coaches, $625 for USA Triathlon members and $655 for the general public. The cost includes two lunches and snacks on Friday, Sept. 12 and Saturday, Sept. 13, as well as a free pass to Interbike on Thursday, Sept. 11. All meals will be served at Mandalay Bay.
Check-in for the Symposium begins Thursday, Sept. 11 at 4 p.m. The Symposium will begin at 8 a.m. on Friday, Sept. 12 and will conclude at 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 13. The keynote presentation will be held Friday, Sept. 12 at 3:30 p.m.
A full schedule of events, including the keynote speaker, will be posted at usatriathlon.org when available.
In addition to the Symposium, this year USA Triathlon Certified Coaches will have the opportunity to attend one of USA Triathlon’s first-ever Coaching Business Innovation Retreats (CBIR), currently scheduled this fall. The retreats are designed to enhance coaches’ entrepreneurial tool kits and program development practices to ensure staying power in a growing sports industry. The dates of the retreats are Sept. 25-26 in Colorado Springs, Colo., and Nov. 6-7 in Denver.
Space is limited to 24 current USA Triathlon Certified Coaches per retreat. Certified Coaches must apply via an application process. Participants will receive a certificate and 8 CEUs upon completion.
The retreat includes presentations and discussions led by triathlon-specific business innovators, one-on-one consultation opportunities, a pre-event webinar and SWOT analysis workbook, and a CBIR manual, including seven chapters written specifically for the retreat by triathlon business leaders.
For more information on USA Triathlon’s Coaching Business Innovation Retreats, visit usatriathlon.org/cbir.
About USA Triathlon
Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon – the fastest growing sport in the U.S. Olympic Movement – as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon and paratriathlon in the United States. USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 races and connects with more than 550,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work with athletes, coaches, and race directors on the grassroots level, USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including International Triathlon Union (ITU) World Championships, Pan American Games and the Olympic and Paralympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member of the ITU and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).