A message from Bakersfield Triathlon Race Director, Kerry Ryan
August 14, 2010 by Rachel Sears Casanta
The 30th annual Bakersfield Triathlon, Sept. 18th, 2010, is the USA Triathlon Southwest Region Club Championship. We welcome you to Bakersfield for a challenging, but fair event!
The reasons are numerous for you and your club members to come to Bakersfield.
- We are in the center of the states population.
- Easy flight access by United and U.S. Air.
- Best post race BBQ in triathlon (vegetarian available)
- Easy drive, zero traffic last 100 miles.
- Parking for athletes is within ¼ mile of transition area.
- Transition area is fully secure
- Hotel costs are the lowest ($40 range) within 15 miles of start.
- USAT sanctioned with officials.
- We sweep our parking lot and road course (few flats)
- Yes, we use chip timing.
- Non-profit events tend to give more than for-profit race owners.
- Premium dri-fit t-shirts for all athletes
- Kids triathlon
You can register on Active.com for the Bakersfield Triathlon.
Thank you in advance,