Time to Tri aims to grow the sport of triathlon by proactively supporting and inspiring beginners to complete their first race. Visit the website, select your skill level in the swim, bike and run disciplines and you'll receive content and a free training plan tailored to your ability level.
New to triathlon? Learn the basics with our Beginners' Guide.
The Beginners' Guide has been adapted and reprinted with permission from USA Triathlon Magazine. Topics include:
- Eight Questions about Multisport
- Multisport 101: Getting Started
- Race-Day Checklist: What to Bring to Every Event
- Swim Training: Breathing for Beginners by Marty Gaal
- Cycling Training: Shift Gears, Literally! by Matthew Clancy
- Run Training: Proper Pacing for Your Best Run by Mark Allen
- Mental Training Wheels by Cheryl D. Hart
These beginner friendly articles can get you started with your triathlon training. Access the USAT Multisport Zone for more articles on training, nutrition, races rules and more.
- 4 Keys to Your Best Season
- Simple Swim Workouts
- Brick Training for Beginners
- Training at Race Pace to Help Your Run
- The Warm-Up: What’s Your Plan?
- Quick Transitions
- Game-Changing Training Rules
- The Week Before Your Big Race
- So I Finished My First Triathlon — Now What?
- Injury Prevention Checklist
- Click here to view routes in your area.
- Pace Calculator at Active.com.
- Find a Place to Train at a USA Triathlon Certified Training or Performance Center.