About USA Triathlon
USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon, as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon and paratriathlon in the United States.
Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 events and connects with more than 400,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work at the grassroots level with athletes, coaches, and race directors — as well as the USA Triathlon Foundation — USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including World Triathlon World Championships, Pan American Games and the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
USA Triathlon is a proud member of World Triathlon and the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee (USOPC).
Mission and Vision
- Service: We operate in a spirit of service and giving back, enabling the triathlon/multisport community to attain its goals and thrive. We offer best-in-class resources and support to engage and expand our community and are viewed as the expert for all those with a stake or interest in our sport.
- Excellence: We embody the aspirational ideals set by our Olympic and Paralympic athletes, reaching the highest levels of performance in everything we do and setting new standards through creativity and innovation. We foster a best-in-class culture, mindset and environment that inspires our community to achieve personal bests every day both in sport and in life.
- Collaboration: We maximize reach and available resources through strategic partnerships. We actively seek opportunities to bring together members of our community to build relationships, share information and promote the benefits of cooperative goodwill.
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access: We aspire to ensure the sport is reflective of the country we represent, and value and embrace diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We recognize that our differences make us stronger. We strive to break down economic and social barriers to triathlon/ multisport and provide increased access and representation to underserved and underrepresented communities.
USA Triathlon’s Elevate 2028 Strategic Plan will guide the organization’s priorities, decision-making processes and culture through the LA 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games. While following this strategic plan, USA Triathlon will concentrate on four key areas of focus:
- Serve and Engage our Community
- Grow the Sport
- Elevate the Brand and the Sport
- Embody Sport Leadership
- Ensure Financial Strength