Showcasing the sport’s offering of multiple race formats, the Multisport National Championships Festival will include 10 National Championship events:
- Standard Duathlon National Championships (10k run, 40k bike, 5k run) (non-drafting)
- Draft-legal Sprint Duathlon National Championships (5k run, 20k bike, 2.5k run)
- Draft-legal Sprint Triathlon National Championships (750m swim, 20k bike, 5k run)
- Aquathlon National Championships (2.5k run, 1000m swim, 2.5k run) or (1000m swim, 5k run) (non-drafting)*
- Standard Aquabike National Championships (1500m swim, 40k bike) (non-drafting)
- Age Group Draft-Legal Mixed Relay Triathlon National Championships (250m swim, 5k bike, 1.2k run)
- Age Group Draft-Legal Mixed Relay Duathlon National Championships (1.2k run, 5k bike, 1.2k run) *new for 2023
- Super Sprint Triathlon Time Trial National Championships (250m swim, 5k bike, 1.2k run) (non-drafting)
- Super Sprint Duathlon Time Trial National Championships (1.2k run, 5k bike, 1.2k run) (non-drafting) *new for 2023
- Super Sprint Individual Medley Triathlon (250m swim, 5k bike, 1.2k run; athletes will perform each discipline four times) (draft-legal) *new for 2023
The event also includes an open water swim competition (750m), 5k run/walk, 10k run and youth triathlon (100m swim, 5k bike, 1.2k run; register now). No qualification is required, so athletes of all abilities are invited to race!
*Aquathlon format depends on water temperature. For this race, the wetsuit cutoff is 71.6 degrees F. If the projected water temperature during race week is at or below 71.6 degrees F, the format will be a 1000m swim and 5k run. If the projected water temperature is above 71.6, the format will be a 2.5k run, 1000m swim, 2.5k run. The decision of the race format will be made at 6:30am on Thursday, April 20. The average water temperature in mid-April is historically between 66 - 72 degrees F. In 2022, the water temperature was 70.3 degrees F.
If you want to prove your mettle all weekend, you can earn the title of Multisport Master! Anyone who completes five or more races will earn the honor and a special belt buckle commemorating the feat. There are also discounts for those planning to do three, four or more events,
Are you planning to do three or more events in Irving? We've got discounts for you! Enter one of the following codes at checkout.
- 5%: Sign up for three events using code MSFEST3event and save 5% on registration.
- 10%: Sign up for between four and seven events using code MSFEST4event and save 10% on registration.
- 20%: Sign up for eight or nine events using code MSFEST8event and save 20% on registration.
- 25%: Sign up for 10 events using code MSFEST10event and save 25% on registration.
Free USA Triathlon Annual Youth Membership AND Free Youth Triathlon Clinic from USA Triathlon Certified Coaches included with registration!
Please read all of the below information before registering. No qualification is required to participate in this event. All are welcome!
- There is no transfer or deferment of entries from one year to the next
- There are no refunds
- Athletes MUST be annual USA Triathlon members to race. There are no one-day memberships sold for this event.
- Athletes MUST be 15 years of age by Dec. 31, 2023 to compete in sprint-distance races and 17 years of age to compete Olympic/Standard-distance races, no exceptions.
- Registration closes when the event is sold out or by Monday, April 17, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
- Athletes in the Youth Triathlon MUST be 7 years of age by Dec. 31, 2023 to compete. No exceptions allowed. Register for the Youth Triathlon.
Transfers to a higher-priced race at the same event are acceptable, but will require paying the price difference. Transfers to lower-priced races at the same event are acceptable, but will not receive a refund. Email email@example.com to request the transfer.
*USA Triathlon reserves the right to modify race maximum numbers*
No qualification is necessary for races at the Multisport National Championships Festival! All people and skill levels are welcome to participate.
Relay teams must be two males and two females. Each person pays their own registration fee. One person on the team should be designated as the captain and be the first to register. Upon starting registration for the Mixed Relay registration type, there is an option at the top to join or create a team. The captain must click 'Create a Team,' type in the team name, click 'Create Team,' then proceed with registration.
The other three team members will start the Mixed Relay registration and click 'Join a Team,' then select the appropriate team and proceed with registration.
In the event of extreme weather, natural disaster, community disaster or other unforeseen emergencies, our action steps will be as follows:
- USA Triathlon, in concert with local officials, will make the final decision based on safety of the athletes, spectators, vendors, volunteers and others affiliated with the event.
- USAT may, based on the conditions of the course, shorten the distances or cancel the event altogether.
- Because costs of the event have already been paid out to cover various levels of production expenses, there will be NO REFUNDS, transferred entry fees or future complimentary entry fees.
5K and 10K runs
The USA Triathlon Multisport National Championships Festival will host the first 5k Run/Walk and 10k Run races for any and all!
The 5k Run/Walk will be held Friday, April 21 at 7:00 a.m. and the 10k Run will be held Saturday, April 22 at 6:55 a.m.
Note that these events will be held in conjunction with the Duathlon races on each of the respective mornings. Athletes may not register for two races that take place concurrently, specifically either the 5k run/walk or 10k run and Duathlon.