USA Triathlon Launches New Youth and Junior Premier Membership
by USA Triathlon
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — USA Triathlon today announced the launch of its Youth and Junior Premier Membership, a new membership for youth and teenage athletes that is valid from the date of purchase until the athlete’s 18th birthday.
With a host of benefits at a one-time purchase price of only $25, USA Triathlon’s Youth and Junior Premier Membership is designed to encourage current and aspiring athletes to remain or become a part of the multisport community throughout their youth and junior career.
“We’ve listened to our community and we’re taking action to alleviate an annual cost burden while providing additional value to members,” said Victoria Brumfield, USA Triathlon CEO. “This is an important step in helping address one of the barriers to getting kids involved in our sport, and is beneficial for everyone, from athletes and parents to race directors, coaches and club leaders.”
Benefits of the Youth and Junior Premier Membership include:
- Monthly USA Triathlon Activity Guide or Training Guide from a USA Triathlon Certified Coach
- Digital birthday card
- Youth and Junior Premier sticker
- Exclusive gift
- Quarterly Zoom meetings every year with an Elite athlete or U.S. Olympian and Paralympian
- Subscription to the new Bi-Annual USA Triathlon Kids Magazine
- Youth and junior monthly newsletter
- Access to members-only dashboard with giveaways and special content
- Exclusive discounts from USA Triathlon sponsors
- Preferred pricing at USATStore.com, USA Triathlon's Official Online Store
USA Triathlon’s continued efforts to grow multisport participation and opportunities for youth athletes in 2023 and beyond also include the following:
- The 2023 Splash & Dash Youth Series includes 50 events across the country. The series, launched in 2012, introduces youth athletes between the ages of 7 and 15 to multisport through the unique discipline of aquathlon (swim-run). With a focus on participation and fun, rather than competition, many of the events are not timed. USA Triathlon will host free Splash & Dash events at the Legacy Triathlon (July 15-16, Long Beach, Calif.) and USA Triathlon Nationals (Aug 4-6, Milwaukee, Wis.).
- USA Kids Tri initiative: Supported by the USA Triathlon Foundation, USA Kids Tri supports grassroots youth programming and connects local events, race directors, coaches and clubs across the country that are increasing triathlon and multisport opportunities for current and prospective youth athletes. The program has launched in two markets, Pennsylvania/New Jersey and Dallas.
- USA Triathlon Nationals now combines the longstanding Age Group National Championships, which includes the Sprint- and Olympic-Distance Nationals, and Zone3 Youth & Junior Nationals into one combined event. Zone3 Youth & Junior Nationals brings together youth triathletes ages 7-19 for participation-based youth racing and junior draft-legal racing. Qualification is not required to participate in the youth age group races, which are open to athletes ages 7-18 (previously limited to ages 7-15). Youth & Junior Nationals also includes paratriathlon divisions and a dedicated racing category for athletes with an intellectual impairment.
- Youth Stimulus Package: USA Triathlon has invested more than $100,000 in the form of free youth event and clinic sanctioning, registration for youth clubs and youth memberships, as well as advertising.
- The USA Triathlon Foundation awards grants to youth race directors, coaches, clubs and organizations and the USA Triathlon Foundation Pillar Grants support programs and individuals who encourage youth participation and inspire pathways to access and inclusion.
- Each USA Triathlon State Championship event also includes the High School State Championships, offering high school aged triathletes and high school triathlon clubs the opportunity to race together at a local USA Triathlon Sanctioned race.
- The new USA Triathlon Kids Magazine will be printed and delivered to all 7–12-year-old USA Triathlon annual members. The magazine will include stories, resources and games designed specifically for young multisport athletes. To get involved and submit content for the USA Triathlon Kids Magazine, email email@example.com.
- USA Triathlon Kids Magazine and USA Triathlon social media will feature the USA Triathlon Super TriKids, a group of characters designed to teach kids the value of building healthy habits, following their dreams, having fun, and supporting each other, among other life skills. The Super TriKids will play a prominent role in digital and print communications with youth athletes and be a part of youth events in 2023. Learn more at usatriathlon.org/superkids.
- USA Triathlon will continue its annual “You Buy, We Give” youth membership campaign throughout May and June. For every USA Triathlon adult annual membership extended, renewed or purchased during the campaign, USA Triathlon donates a youth membership back to the multisport community to encourage participation among kids and help offset costs for industry practitioners.