USA Triathlon Certified Coaches are a vital part of our success in the mission to grow, inspire and support the triathlon community. USA Triathlon is dedicated to providing you unparalleled resources to ensure you are qualified, confident and successful throughout your coaching career. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Benefits of Obtaining Coach Certification
- General Liability Insurance Coverage (USA residents only)
Exclusive Marketing Opportunities
- Use of the USA Triathlon Certified Coach Logo
- Listing in the Find A Coach Directory
- Exclusive USA Triathlon Certified Coach merchandise
- Hiring preference for open NCAA collegiate varsity triathlon coach positions
Coach Development Pathway
Associate Coach CertificationMore about the Associate Coach Level
As an introduction to coaching multisport, the online Associate Coach Certification course provides basic coaching techniques intended for assistant coaches, high school coaches, parents or other multisport athletes, including:
- Foundations and fundamentals of coaching multisport
- Coaching theory
Level I CertificationMore about Level I
USA Triathlon’s Online Level I Coach Certification Course is designed to educate aspiring coaches on how to train their athletes on different aspects of triathlon. Coaches will learn:
- how to design a training plan
- strength-specific training for triathlete
- nutrition periodization and mental skills
Area of FocusMore Information
Within the first two years of certification, a Level I coach is required to take at least one Area of Focus before recertification. Area of Focus courses give a coach additional skills surrounding one important part of multisport coaching.
Level IIMore about Level II
Level II courses are specialized classes that build on knowledge gained during your Area of Focus course. Coaches must apply to Level II specialization courses.
Level IIIMore about Level III
USA Triathlon’s Level III Coaching Certification is designed to select and develop elite, international-caliber coaches capable of delivering the highest standard of practical athlete development expertise. Level III Certification is highly selective.